If pumps get you pumped and sandals give you shivers than knowing how to take care of your shoes should be at the top of your list. Here’s some ideas to keep your footwear in first class shape.:
- Wearing socks or hose will protect the insides from perspiration.
- After wearing your shoes, clean them out by swabbing them with a touch of alcohol or a dab of tea tree oil.
- Don’t wear the same pair of shoes over and over. Give them at least a day to air out and breathe before wearing them again.
- When you buy your shoes, spray them with a waterproof protector.
- If the shoe still looks good, but the sole is suffering, a shoe repairman can add taps and/or half-soles to the bottoms, then you can continue wearing them for years to come.
- Leather shoes need special care. Polish them regularly with leather cleaner or saddle soap. Use a shoe tree to help them retain their shape.
- Store shoes in a cool dry place. Ideally, having a specialized shoe rack in your closet is the best option for storing your precious
So, slip on those loafers and hit the town. And when you come home, after you take care of the cat and put away your purse, don’t forget to take care of your shoes too.